How to start hosting with confidence
If you’re new to hosting, you may have questions about exactly where to start and how to host. From deciding to share your space to meeting your business goals, you can count on Airbnb to invest in your success every step of the way.
We’ve spent more than a decade developing resources to help support you, including guides on setting up a successful listing, personalized messaging features, Host forums, and more.
With these tools in hand, you can start your hosting journey with confidence.
Learn from the best in our Host community
Our Hosts can provide some of the best advice when it comes to starting and maintaining a home-sharing business. Here’s how to quickly connect with Hosts in your local community and across the globe:
- Through live webinars* and one-on-ones with Airbnb Ambassadors,** prospective Hosts gain access to meaningful hosting tips and tricks.
- Online forums like the Community Center and local Facebook groups empower Hosts to share knowledge, exchange stories, and inspire and support one another.
- Our Resource Center is packed with articles, guides, and videos brimming with insights from successful Hosts—from how to write a catchy listing title to how to receive your payouts.
Access Host protections and support from Airbnb
Our support specialists are available 24/7 via phone, email, and in-product messaging to quickly answer your questions and help you resolve any issues that may come up.
Here are a few of the other ways we strive to protect, encourage, and support you:
- Our Host Guarantee provides up to $1,000,000 USD property damage protection on most bookings.
- Guests must provide identification information, including their full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, and payment information to Airbnb before booking.
- We also enforce guest standards and hold guests accountable to our community policies, like our nondiscrimination policy.
“Host Guarantee was one of the things that helped me make the decision to join Airbnb, because if there’s damage or problems, I have that to fall back on,” says Dennis from London, England.
Manage your hosting business with these tools
We’re committed to listening to and learning from our Hosts. Over the years, we’ve developed many new features that can help you create a successful and enjoyable hosting business, including:
- Our promotional tools, which help Hosts make their listings more attractive through new listing promotions, early-bird discounts, and lower weekly rates.
- A revamped inbox with personalized quick replies (formerly known as saved messages) and scheduled messages that automate repetitive tasks and help streamline your communications, saving you time as a Host.
- The Opportunities tab, which offers booking insights and tips specific to your area to help you adapt to changing travel preferences.
Deciding to host can feel intimidating, which is why we work together with great Hosts in our community to support you every step of the way. Happy hosting!