Experiences Guest Refund Policy
Effective Date: July 15, 2022
This Experiences Refund Policy explains how refunds are handled when a Host cancels a reservation or another Experiences Issue disrupts an Experience.
What Experiences Issues are covered
The term “Experiences Issue” refers to the following situations:
- Host cancels the Experience.
- Host fails to deliver or fulfill the Experience, including because of Host technical difficulties in the case of Online Experience.
- Host arrives more than 15 minutes late to the Experience causing the guest to abandon the Experience.
- Experience presents or entails a safety or health hazard that would reasonably be expected to adversely affect a guest’s participation.
- The actual Experience materially deviates from the Experience as described at the time of booking or from the Airbnb Experiences standards and requirements in a manner that would reasonably be expected to adversely affect a guest’s participation.
What happens if a Host cancels the Experience
If a Host cancels an Experience reservation, their guest automatically receives a full refund.
What happens if another Experiences Issue disrupts an Experience
Other Experiences Issues must be reported to us no later than 72 hours after they occur. If we determine that an Experiences Issue has disrupted an Experience, we will provide a full or partial refund. The amount refunded depends on the severity of the Experiences Issue, the impact on the guest, how the Experience was affected, and whether the guest was able to attend and participate in the Experience.
How to request a refund
To be eligible for a refund for an Experience Issue other than a Host cancellation, the guest who made the reservation may submit a request by contacting us. Request must be made to us no later than 72 hours after occurrence of the Experiences Issue and supported by relevant evidence such as photographs or confirmation of the conditions by the Host or other guests. We will determine whether an Experiences Issue has occurred by evaluating available evidence.
How this Policy affects Hosts
If a Host cancels an Experiences reservation or another Experiences Issue disrupts an Experience, the Host will either receive no payout or will have their payout reduced by the amount of the refund to their guest. In most circumstances we will attempt to confirm a guest’s request with their Host. Hosts can also submit an objection to an Experiences Issue by contacting us.
Other things to be aware of
This Policy applies to all reservations made on or after the Effective Date. When this Policy applies, it controls and takes precedence over the reservation’s cancellation policy. Before submitting a request for a refund, whenever feasible, the guest must notify the Host and try to resolve the Experiences Issue directly with their Host. In connection with resolving the issue, guests can request refunds directly from Hosts using the resolution center. We may reduce the amount of any refund under this Policy to reflect any refund or other relief provided directly by a Host.
Where a guest demonstrates that timely reporting of an Experiences Issue was not feasible, we may allow for late reporting of the Experiences Issue under this Policy. Experiences Issues that are caused by the guest, co-travelers, or their invitees or pets are not covered by this Policy. Submitting a fraudulent report violates our Terms of Service and may result in account termination.
Our decisions under this Policy are binding, but do not affect other contractual or statutory rights that may be available. Any right that guests or Hosts may have to initiate legal action remains unaffected. This Policy is not insurance and no premium has been paid by any guest or Host. All rights and obligations under this Policy are personal to the booking guest and Host of the reservation and may not be transferred or assigned. Any changes to this Policy will be made in accordance with our Terms of Service. This Policy applies to Experiences, but does not apply to Luxe or Stays reservations.
- GuestFind details of what to do if you have a travel issue that prevents you from being able to complete an Airbnb experience, and you’re unable …
- Do you need a refund? Your first step is to message your Host to make it right. If they can’t fix it, they can offer you a partial refund th…
- Experience HostFirst, set up your preferred payout method on your Airbnb profile. The day after you host an experience, Airbnb will release your payout for…